Brown-Forman Senior Financial Analyst Cost (Temporary) in Amatitán, Mexico
Directly responsible for the preparation of the standard costs of Casa Herradura and their monthly closing, which includes supply chain operations, distillery, aging, processing, and packaging of Tequila / RTDs. Related brands include Herradura, El Jimador, Antiguo, Pepe López, and New Mix. This role also provides financial analysis and decision support to the Casa operations team, Mexico-based commercial team, and to the Louisville-based corporate finance group.
Controlling, Accounting and Compliance (50%)
• Determine the standard costs of Casa Herradura, raw material, distillation, processes, aging and bottling of Tequilas and RTDs. Determination of expenses rates for manufacturing based on budgeted expenses. Running the costing processes in SAP for the annual cost standards update, analyze and release them at the beginning of each fiscal year.
• Closing of process orders: review, analyze and close the registered production process orders of the different processes of the company such as distilleries, operations, tequila bottling, alcoholic bases, syrup production, and RTD's bottling.
• Material Ledger Closing: Perform the closing of the module that manages all production variations, reconciliation of the Material Ledger module against General Ledger FI, ensures that the balance of PPV accounts. Group and report on the cost variations generated monthly, analyze, propose and execute corrective actions in processes.
• Present and follow up Internal and External Audits (Sox) narratives, inventory accounts validation, standard costs and production variances.
• Follow up on the preparation, updating and analysis of reports required for Financial and Tax teams (both Mexico and Corporate), such as Purchasing Integrations, Production Expenses, Inventories, Production Cost and Sales Status, and Intercompany Profit. Follow up on validation of accounting documents and Quarterly reconciliations for BF in the Sales Force.
• Follow-up to SMOGS team, keeping in coordination with Warehouses and logistics the appropriate records of damaged, expired product, VAPS, or any inventory not suitable for sale or use. Fiscal destruction monitoring, accounting support and inventory drop control to the Fiscal area.
• Coordinate cyclical and physical reviews of inventories at the end of each year, to ensure the validity of the inventories and movements in the inventory accounts. This includes production, distribution and retail inventory warehouses.
Operational Partnership (30%)
• Support the work of the Continuous Improvement teams. This includes analyzing cost savings opportunities and validating cost savings justification.
• Support new initiatives and projects, following up on new products, supporting the estimation of costs for new materials, production processes, formulations, investments or any procedure necessary for generating a new product in the area of production or Copacking. Analysis and monitoring are necessary to create the master data and release the standard costs in SAP.
• BOMs review: Collaborate with the Master Data Area to ensure that the information contained in master data, material bills are consistent and appropriate, this will be the basis for the determination of standard costs every fiscal year in all the company's centers in Mx and for all types of materials.
Financial and Analysis (20%)
• Analyze and make projections of production and bottling costs, as well as variances and inventories requested by the Mexico Financial team and BFC.
Required Experience & Education:
Education: College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent); Finance
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Finance
Req ID: JR-00002081