Brown-Forman Lead Auditor International in Amsterdam, Netherlands
What You Will Do in This Role :
The Brown-Forman (B-F) Internal Audit department provides internal audit services to
all areas of B-F’s operations across the globe. The audit services are typically consultative, operational, financial, compliance or IT in scope and focus on improving business processes/controls to enable management to achieve their business objectives.
This position is responsible for planning and leading audits for the purpose of evaluating the adequacy of internal controls associated with business processes, including compliance with Sarbanes Oxley, and the adherence of those processes to Brown-Forman’s policies and procedures. In addition, these audits focus on improving business processes that enable management to achieve their business objectives and on solving internal control problems. The Lead Auditor International will participate in audits that will contribute to their knowledge of the Company’s operations and improve their understanding. This includes being involved in audits for different markets, locations, brands, departments, business units, and working with employees at all levels of the Company. The Lead Auditor International is expected to build a network for future career opportunities.
What You Can Expect :
● The Lead Auditor International is responsible for planning and performing audits for the purpose of evaluating:
○ The effectiveness, efficiency, and adequacy of internal controls
○ Compliance with Sarbanes Oxley
○ The effectiveness and efficiency of operations
○ The accuracy and completeness of presented business information
● The Lead Auditor International works closely with operating management (the client) to set the objectives for the audit by identifying areas to be examined and then obtains agreement on methodology, timeline, and specific project deliverables.
● The Lead Auditor International performs and documents procedures during each audit. This includes, analyzing information, formulating recommendations, and working with the client to develop action plans to address concerns.
● The Lead Auditor International completes audit reports with their findings, recommendations, and management action plans.
● Additionally, the Lead Auditor International is responsible for follow-up communications with operating management to ensure adoption of agreed-upon action plans.
● The Lead Auditor International effectively interacts with the external auditor to
complete Sarbanes-Oxley testwork and direct assistance procedures.
● The Lead Auditor International will be involved in internal investigations when violations of Company policies/procedures or regulations arise. These investigations will involve working with B-F Legal, HR, and/or other Finance personnel.
● The Lead Auditor International will report to the Audit Manager for the area.
What You Bring to the Table:
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
● 7+ years of audit and/or financial experience.
● Fluency in English language (both written and verbal).
● Willingness to travel internationally on assignments 20-30% of the time
What Makes You Unique:
● Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Certified Chartered Accountant (ACA/ACCA/ CIMA) and /or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
● Experience in advanced auditing techniques leveraging data and analytics, automation, agile auditing, etc.
● Experience in consumer products industry.
● Experience operating and/or auditing in an SAP environment (i.e. ERP, SCM, HR, BW, CRM, and/or Portal).
● Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a remote work environment
What we offer:
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer premium and equitable pay. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce. We are dedicated to creating a responsible drinking culture, providing a safe, inclusive, and engaging workplace, protecting the environment, and making a positive contribution to our communities.
Business Area: Global Finance
Req ID: JR-00002422