Brown-Forman Sales Operations Manager in Istanbul, Turkey
Imagine working for a company that welcomes you in, inspires you to bring your best self to every opportunity, and encourages you to grow and develop your career in a resilient and fun industry. Brown-Forman offers our employees this kind of career and environment and has for more than 150 years. Together, we proudly live and work by our values, striving each day to be better and do better as people, as a company, and as members of the communities we call home.
Come have a seat at our table.
Meaningful Work From Day One
The Sales Operations Manager (SOM) manages support functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, controlling, reporting, target setting and management, developing sales strategy and tactics, sales process optimization, sales program automation technologies implementation and administration.
The SOM is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the assigned sales organization. The SOM is a key role that develops sales strategies and tactics that enable further growth. Part of the main responsibilities of the SOM is upskilling the sales team through implementation of automation technologies as well as monitoring action-oriented reports by using technology enablers. Reporting to the Sales Manager(Sales Director), the SOM also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization supported.
The SOM is responsible for planning and controlling sales budgets, namely all types of discounts and bonuses to all customers/channels. The SOM plays critical role in S&BP process, including ownership of Sales Forecast meetings.
What You Can Expect
Planning & Coordination:
● Coordinates sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization.
● Proactively monitors/controls and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts.
● Through S&BP coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the firm.
● Supports the equitable assignment of sales force quotas and ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources.
● Working with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources, provides assistance with sales incentive compensation administration on an as-needed basis, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures.
● Provides the HR department with necessary information related to KPI achievement for timely bonus calculation of sales employees.
● Works to ensure all sales organization objectives are assigned in a timely fashion.
Strategic Guidance & Business Development:
● Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
● Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
● Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement.
● Proactively identifies sales opportunities by analyzing sales data, market data, competitor activities and consumer trends (Nielsen, IWSR, IGD etc.).
● Guides sales team for required actions for further growth opportunities and strategizes the sales goals to provide growth opportunities for the company accordingly.
● Works closely with BBI.
● Ensures channel strategies and plans are in accordance with the B-F Commercial Way.
● Analyzes commercial capabilities of sales team and proactively determines a standard ways of working for the sales team accordingly.
● Contributes to the customer facing meetings with TT and OT channel managers, when necessary, to support the process for further success through providing the identified opportunities and gaps.
● Makes regional visits to understand and assess the needs in the field as well as the customer’s needs.
● Preparing, all data related with Pricing, pricing methodologies, positioning with the current price and price indexing (SWAT Team).
● Delivers gap analysis and develops product, customer-based and/or sales team campaigns that enable growth in line with company strategy.
● Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization.
● Ensures all the sales processes are in line with B-F compliance standards.
● Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
● Seeks and implements enabling technologies, including -but not only limited to- CRM, to field sales teams.
● Monitors the assigned sales organization’s compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data.
● Works closely with sales management to optimize the effectiveness of the firm’s technology investments.
● Provides required ad hoc analytical support to sales teams in the head-office and in the regions.
● Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
● Managing and developing team member.
● Builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel.
What You Bring To The Table
● College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent); Masters Degree (M.A., MBA or Equivalent).
● 7+ years in sales management experience in a FMCG environment.
● Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives.
● PC proficiency, Excel, Access databases mastered, others valued.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Emerging International Division
Req ID: JR-00005701