Brown-Forman Controller - Supply Chain and Inventory in Louisville, Kentucky
Meaningful Work From Day One... Responsible for the financial leadership, thought partnership, stewardship, control, analysis, and reporting activities related to global inventory and the Global Supply Chain Integration Group.
Overall scope encompasses the following:
• Global inventory valued at nearly $2B
• Supply Chain Integration spend including: Strategic Sourcing and Transportation of nearly $600M. • Support Supply Chain Integration analytics at enterprise and functional levels.
Directly responsible for providing thought partnership and financial analytics to the Supply Chain Integration team including the following core functions:
• Inventory Analysis & Control - this position will be the primary controller of the Company's inventory by tracking the value of inventory from barrel whiskey, to raw materials, WIP and finished goods. This will include analyzing the drivers of changes in inventory, supporting the calculation of the LIFO reserve by providing inventory information, providing analysis of the inventory situation to the Disclosure Committee quarterly, developing / leading SKU rationalization process, helping guide days of inventory targets, and developing / leading the slow-moving and obsolete goods process.
• Sourcing - provide analytical support for Category Management and strategic supply contracts s / RFQs; on-going execution support for strategic supply contracts (bottle mold amortization, glass PAF tracking, etc.); budget & standard costing support Route-to-Consumer - analysis of RTC proposals; costing of RTC model variations
• Transportation & Logistics - analysis of supply chain optimization (logistics, warehousing); fuel surcharge analytics
• SCI Enterprise Metrics - work with SCI team to validate data and process for tracking SCI metrics
What You Can Expect
Financial Leadership and Analysis (45%)
Provides business counsel and financial leadership to supply chain integration management. Provides insightful, accurate analyses in support of short- and long-term strategic decisions.
Provides financial and analytical support regarding RTC proposals and the potential impact on supply chain activities.
Oversees the preparation of the annual Supply Chain Integration SG&A budget and the logistics/warehousing budget. Applies a high degree of independent thinking and analytics.
Supports Strategic Sourcing by providing analytics in support of contract negotiations with strategic vendors. Responsible for financial aspects of the execution of the contract such as tracking bottle mold costs and calculation of performance/loyalty rebates in the contracts.
Controlling, Accounting and Compliance (45%)
Responsible for the tracking and monitoring of the Company’s inventory including barrel whiskey, WIP, raw materials and finished goods (internal warehouses, bailment warehouses, third-party logistics providers, etc.). Provides analysis of changes in inventory to understand the drivers of these changes. Alerts management to potential issues with inventory. Provides analysis and recommendations to optimize the Company’s investment in inventory given an expected level of customer service, including helping guide days of inventory targets.
Tracks and monitors slow-moving and obsolete inventory. Identifies inventory that should be reserved for or written off. Collaborates with Accounting to calculate the inventory reserve for slow-moving/obsolete goods. Works with other members of Supply Chain Integration to destroy obsolete/out-of-date products to reduce overall warehousing and logistics costs. Lead effort to optimize process and overall, slow moving and obsolete inventory level.
Ensures timely and accurate physical inventory counts, in partnership with logistics team members. Initiates review and proper valuation adjustments for slow moving and obsolete inventory. Evaluate effectiveness of processes, identifies, and communicates issues, and partners with operations management to drive improvements.
Supports the calculation of LIFO reserve by supplying inventory information
Maintains and improves system of internal controls through regular independent reviews and process modifications as needed, through coordination with Accounting as well as internal and external audit.
Strategic Partnership (10%)
Lead and/or participate in strategic projects as directed by management.
Lead and/or participate in reviews of processes to identify opportunities for efficiencies and improvements.
Collaborate with Finance/IT resources deployed to accelerate BF's digital transformation
We Are Looking For People Who
Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance plus 6 years finance and/or accounting experience in a manufacturing or logistics environment including accounting management experience. Demonstrated proficiency in applying GAAP principles. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage projects; ability to multitask and work with a focus on results. Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. Ability to build productive relationships and partnerships and influence others. Ability to lead change and drive for continuous improvement. Excellent business planning and analytical skills. Proficiency with Microsoft office and Google software. Comfortable with complex data sources and understands the importance of data integrity. Proficiency with SAP-ERP software including the following modules: product costing, material ledger, materials management, inventory management, production planning, and integrated manufacturing.
What You Can Add to the Team
· CPA, MBA and /or CMA Certificate.
· Strong background in personnel and team development
· Explores innovation in technology, people and processes and systems
· Experience in beverage alcohol or consumer goods manufacturing environment
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Finance
Req ID: JR-00002522