Brown-Forman Corporate and Securities Counsel/ Assistant Corporate Secretary in Louisville, Kentucky
Office Hybrid Work Style
Quote from Hiring Manager
The successful candidate will lead all securities law and corporate governance work for this publicly-listed, family-controlled company. They will work closely with the General Counsel and the Board of Directors to ensure that the unique governance challenges posed by the Company's capital structure are addressed in a transparent fashion that is compliant with applicable rules, that inspires confidence in public shareholders and the controlling Brown Family alike, and that is well tailored to the Company’s particular circumstances. In addition, the successful candidate will deploy their deep knowledge of and experience with the securities laws and applicable regulations and regulatory practices to ensure that the
General Counsel is kept apprised of developments in the field, that the behavior of corporate officers and others adheres to applicable rules, and that the Company’s protocols and procedures around ‘34 Act compliance are clear, refreshed as necessary, and abided by.
Meaningful Work From Day One
This role serves as Assistant Secretary to the Board and Secretary to the Audit and Executive Committees of the Board and assists the General Counsel with corporate governance and securities law compliance and legal and regulatory matters related to executive compensation.
What You Can Expect
● Serve as Assistant Secretary to the Board and Secretary to the Audit and Executive Committees of the Board; assist with Board meeting logistics and planning of the Board meeting agenda.
● Advise on all aspects of corporate governance, and SEC 1934 and ‘33 Act compliance, including Board of Directors and stockholder matters, proxy statement, Section 16 reporting and compliance, 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, and other SEC filings, compliance with NYSE listing standards.
● Assist with CEO and CFO quarterly certification process, decision-making on public disclosure, Regulation FD compliance.
● Advise on legal and regulatory matters related to executive compensation and equity incentive plans.
● Provide legal support to Corporate Finance function
● General contract review, drafting and negotiation
● Motivate and inspire a team of professionals, providing coaching and development opportunities for growth
What You Bring to the Table
● Law Degree (Juris Doctorate or Equivalent) from an accredited law school with direct SEC experience
● 10+ years legal experience in a private law firm and/or corporate legal department
● Ability to develop innovative approach to legal issues in support of strategic business initiatives and objectives
● Highest quality writing and documentation skills, including communicating complex legal issues to non-lawyers
● Project management experience; ability to supervise and manage outside counsel relationships
● Experience with SEC and NYSE regulatory compliance, including corporate
governance and public reporting requirements
● Knowledge of Delaware corporate law
● Languages: Fluent English required.
What Makes You Unique
● In-house experience at publicly-listed company
● Experience with international M&A or corporate finance transactions a plus
● Provide legal support to Corporate Development function – evaluate, structure and execute on acquisition and disposition transactions.
Who We Are
We believe great people build great brands. And we know there is Nothing Better in the Market than a career at Brown-Forman. Being a part of Brown-Forman means you will grow both personally and professionally. You will have the opportunity to solve problems, seize opportunities, and generate bold ideas. You will belong to a place where teamwork matters and where you are encouraged to bring your best self to work.
Many Spirits, One Brown‐Forman- We believe that an inclusive culture, one that values the diversity and unique perspective of each individual, allows us each to bring our best self to work and leads to greater teamwork, creativity, and trust.
Cultivating a Caring Culture- We know that our strong culture is one of the many reasons people love working at Brown‐Forman.
Enriching Life. Enriching Careers- At Brown‐Forman, we craft products known for bringing people together. Our employees have made us what we are today and are the reason for our success. Do not just take our word for it. Brown‐Forman is consistently recognized as a Great Place to Work® in countries around the world.
What We Offer
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer equitable pay structures for individual and company performance alongside a premium employee experience. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Legal & Risk Management
Req ID: JR-00007216