Brown-Forman Human Resources Manager - Brown-Forman Cooperage in Louisville, Kentucky
Meaningful Work From Day One Lead all Human Resource initiatives for Brown-Forman Cooperage and Jackson, Ohio. Mill. The Human Resources Manager (HRM) will serve as HR Partner supporting all three locations made up of both union and non-union workforce. This role is responsible for day-to-day HR management processes, performance and leadership coaching, employee development, employee relations, labor relations and various other activities to build management strength and leadership capability. Fosters a culture of teamwork and continuous improvement. Promotes a shared understanding of organization values, operating principles, and cultural change imperatives and works to align HR policies and processes to support the achievement of business goals.
What You Can Expect
• Administer and interpret various labor agreements, administers grievance procedures; provides labor relations support during contract negotiations.
• Manage selection process for all job openings including on boarding of new employees. Organizes and participates in interviews, recruiting discussions and debrief
• Manage training compliance at all locations to ensure 100% training completion compliance.
• Engage regularly with the teams to create a positive and productive employee relations environment while providing feedback for pro-active intervention and resolution
of people-related concerns.
• Ensures uniform and equitable application of organizational policies and procedures including investigation and resolution of employee issues, in both union and
Coach & Facilitate:
• Provide direction and support on day-to-day HR management processes.
• Ability to develop creative strategies, problem-solving options based on evaluation of needs and clear deliverables.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for all HR related training.
Performance Management and Talent Development:
• Provide support on the process to ensure robust conversations occur between managers and employees regarding performance, including honest and accurate
• Supporting the organization in its ability to build development plans to support growth in place and /or pointed towards career interests ensuring their success and
readiness for those roles.
Change & Diversity Management:
• Lead by example in the diversity and inclusion strategy for the company actively engaging in this work and creating an environment of inclusive leadership.
• Partner with leaders in change efforts for the organization providing the structure and framework that facilitates the desired outcome.
Safety and Workers Compensation:
• Ensure 100% compliance of plant operations with regulatory requirements relating to Workers Compensation.
We Are Looking For People Who
Have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Safety, or related field and five (7) plus years’ experience serving as an HR Business Partner in a
union manufacturing or production environment.
● Demonstrated ability to provide coaching and counsel on sensitive employee, leader, and organization issues.
● Demonstrated ability to lead investigations.
● Demonstrated knowledge of applicable employment and labor laws.
● Must have worked in a union environment and have a strong foundation of labor law and collective bargaining agreements.
● Demonstrated ability to communicate and facilitate discussions and/or training in one-on-one and group settings.
● High degree of personal credibility stemming from the person’s ability to be objective, confidential, exercise integrity and sound judgment.
● Excellent collaboration, relationship, communication, coaching and influencing skills.
● Excellent oral, written and training communication skills.
● Ability to prioritize and drive multiple programs.
● Proven record of problem-solving results and accomplishments.
● Strong Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
● Collaborative mindset.
● Requires at least 10% travel.
What You Can Add To The Team
Education: Masters Degree (M.A., MBA or Equivalent); Business or Human Resources related discipline. Certifications: PHR, SPHR, or other HR certifications.
● Corporate and manufacturing experience
● Labor certifications
● Project management experience
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Req ID: JR-00004635