Brown-Forman Insight Analyst - Global Brands (Remote) in Louisville, Kentucky
Why Does This Job Exist?
• This role will support Global Brands team by providing timely insights enabled by research implementation and analysis
• This role will primarily support Jack Daniels global brand teams (approx. 70%). The Jack Daniel’s Family of brands includes Jack Daniel’s FOB includes Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniels Flavors (Apple, Honey and Fire), Jack Daniels Super Premium Portfolio (Gentleman Jack, Single Barrel, and Bonded Series) and Jack Daniel’s RTDs.
• This role is also required to provide ad hoc support to the wider Brown Forman portfolio of brands including Woodford Reserve, El Jimador and Herradura Tequilas, Glendronach and BenRiach Single Malt Scotches, Finlandia Vodka, and Chambord Liqueur.
• This role will work closely with the Global Brands Insights team, reporting to the Global Brands Insights Director. This team currently consists of 4 team members. It will also work directly with Global Brands teams, as well as being an important member of the wider insights community at Brown Forman (across Global, regional and in-market teams numbering 30+ personnel)
• This role will support in providing a clear understanding of brand health performance, monitor communication success measurement, manage trends analysis and understanding, and support ad hoc projects across creative development, innovation, packaging and consumer understanding.
Meaningful Work From Day One:
The Global Brand Insights team acts as a catalyst for great ideas by leading and applying the fundamentals of the BF Way of Brand Building.
The Global Brands Analyst should inspire others by fostering and facilitating an understanding of brands consumers in order to unlock significant growth opportunities for Jack Daniels and the wider BF portfolio.
This role will play a key role in analyzing and diagnosing brand health performance and identifying resultant growth opportunities.
This role will play a key role in monitoring, distilling and sharing long and short term trends across consumer, category, channel and communications.
They will also support ad hoc insights projects to deepen global brand teams understanding of their consumers, shoppers, categories and audiences. For multi-country and multi-region brand projects this role will be key to support planning, managing and delivering on global brand insights projects.
This person brings conviction for their thinking balanced by an open ear and mind. A strong communicator, who can turn data to insight presented in a compelling and timely way to inform consumer understanding among Global Brand Teams.
What You Can Expect:
Consumer Knowledge Development
This person will support knowledge development for the Jack Daniel’s brand teams through best-in-class understanding of consumer behavior and brand building. This will be fueled by managing research implementation and insight generation that drives business growth.
• Complete brand health audits to unearth insights to inform brand positioning & brand strategy evolution and refinement.
• Visually and verbally distill information down to the key findings and produce a compelling story.
• Interpret findings, and facilitate sharing of results to ensure these are embedded with stakeholders.
• Answer data, research and insights queries, drawing on their ability to manipulate databases, using continuous and ad hoc data sources. Has the ability to interpret qualitative and quantitative data and convert this into real information.
• Analyze and interpret the Brand Tracker and other data to help answer brand issues and unravel new insights
• Utilize all other available sources to identify relevant consumer trends and behaviors and synthesize with other learning e.g. IWSR and other data sources available.
• Able to data into actionable insights
• Develops impactful insights that drive strategy and decision making, including leveraging and integrating primary research, multiple studies, secondary trends sources and competitive intelligence.
• Prepares reports/presentations by effectively communicating critical learnings, consumer insights and conclusions in order to provide actionable recommendations to key stakeholders.
Collaborates in the proactive identification of insights through strategic data sources that could lead to new brand or market opportunities.
Special Consumer Understanding Projects
Participates on projects that may partner with Insights team or other insight roles that may involve new methods and learning, work on strategic studies, new competitive or marketplace initiatives, etc.
Proactive in self-development
• Keep up to date with relevant industry and market trends.
• Share best practice research learnings.
• Demonstrate desire for new knowledge, experiences and challenges.
• Able to assimilate and apply new information to the business situation.
• Identifies, creates and capitalizes on learning opportunities.
We Are Looking For People Who:
Education: High School/GED/Secondary School; College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent);
Experience: • Bachelor’s Degree
What You Can Add To The Team:
• Good level of theoretical and technical knowledge of Marketing, Marketing Science and Brands.
• Capable of understanding various methodologies and data sources and their appropriateness for applying to a particular business issue
o Understanding of qual and quant primary methodologies
o Experience working with secondary data sources to identify themes and trends
• Analytical and data mining skills (ideally with experience of SPSS, Survey Reporter, or similar)
• Ability to identify and synthesize data sources including trends and digital intelligence
• 3+ years business experience, ideally in international consumer goods and/ or consumer insights
• Project management experience
• Intellectual curiosity and innovative thinking
• Agency management skills
• Problem solving skills
• Team player
Locations across the US for a remote work from home set-up
This position is posted with multiple locations, you only need to apply to one of the postings to be considered for all locations and/or the remote work option.
B-F can employ a remote worker in the majority of the states in the US, however if you are located in one of the following states, relocation would be required. VT, RI ,CT ,NJ ,DE ,WI ,MN, ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, LA, MS, NM, AZ, UT, OR, AK, HI
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Marketing
Req ID: JR-00005000