Brown-Forman Assistant Controller in Stein, Netherlands
Imagine working for a company that welcomes you in, inspires you to bring your best self to every opportunity, and encourages you to grow and develop your career in a resilient and fun industry. Brown-Forman offers our employees this kind of career and environment and has for more than 150 years. Together, we proudly live and work by our values, striving each day to be better and do better as people, as a company, and as members of the communities we call home. Come have a seat at our table .
Meaningful Work From Day One:
Leads and maintains direct responsibility for financial planning, accounting, reporting and analysis functions in the Netherlands, which includes: fully owned concentrate plant and co-packing relationships. These production plants reside in multiple countries, which requires understanding of local requirements. The position directly leads two finance and accounting professionals.
What it’s Like to Work here:
Our Culture at Brown-Forman is to foster Personal Growth, Collaboration, Teamwork, Self-Initiative and Problem Solving in a Respectful and Safe Environment where every employee has a high degree of Self-Awareness, Accountability, Credibility, Confidentiality, Integrity, and Professional Ethics.
Our small, multi-functional team at Stein manages external production for Brown-Forman products in Western Europe. Being part of this team requires a collaborative and flexible approach, building strong relationships within the Brown-Forman global team and our production partners.
What You Can Expect:
● Lead the annual operating planning and budgeting process.
● Ensure that the financial recordings are maintained in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
● Responsible for the accuracy and integrity of all financial records, financial statements, as well as supporting management reports.
● Responsible for the monthly closing function and related analysis of operational and administrative costs, balance sheets, capital assets, production cost, variances from standard cost, and SAP material ledger closing.
● Responsible for regulatory reporting and analysis in accordance with local requirements.
● Lead the development of standard costs for the bottling sites and concentrate plant.
● Responsible for production variance reporting, forecasting and analysis.
● Lead the resolution of complex accounting problems, research possible solutions, develop conclusions to present to the controller.
● Responsible for the annual statutory financial and corporate tax audit.
● Ensure timely and accurate physical inventory counts, and proper valuation adjustments for slow moving or obsolete inventory.
● Lead finance team to develop capabilities and successful completion of targets of the business.
● Be a key business partner to operations management and provide insights and counsel based on economic modeling and an understanding of the business and operations.
What You Bring To The Table:
● Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience, plus at least 4-6 years experience in manufacturing environment
● Good command of spoken and written English
● Proven knowledge of GAAP rules and regulations as well as VAT legislation
● Demonstrated understanding of cost accounting and variance analysis.
● Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new and complex business processes.
What Makes You Unique:
● CPA, MBA, CMA
● Knowledge of SAP system
Nothing Better in the Market:
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer equitable pay structures for individual and company performance alongside a premium employee experience. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Supply Chain
Req ID: JR-00005661